Most Common Property Damage Claims In Florida
Wednesday, January 09, 2019
Florida is one of the most beautiful states with its tropical climate and scenic beaches. Unfortunately, this also makes Florida extremely vulnerable to hurricanes and tropical storms. For this reason alone, it is essentially a requirement that property owners in Florida have property insurance, especially flood insurance to cover potential property damage claims. The public adjusters at The People’s Choice Public Adjuster know how severe property damage in Florida can be and how critical it is to have the right type of property insurance.
Our experienced Florida claims adjusters have over 50 years of combined experience dealing with property damage claims and insurance companies. We are dedicated to fighting on your behalf to ensure that you get the highest possible settlement to cover your property damage. Understanding the most common property damage claims that occur in Florida can help property owners choose the best type of insurance coverage for their properties.
Storm Property Damage Claims
Weather-related claims are the most common property damage claims filed by property owners in the state of Florida. Hurricanes, tornadoes, windstorms, and hailstorms are the main reasons behind storm property damage claims. Before a storm hits, it is important to have a trusted Florida public adjuster on call to handle all storm-related damage claim issues.
Water And Roof Property Damage Claims
Water damage in Florida is mostly caused by heavy rain, flooding or plumbing defects. Flooding is common in Florida due to how low the state is to sea level and can occur in several ways including:
- Heavy and rapid rainfall that can cause water to overflow
- Clogged or inefficient drainage systems
- Broken pipes
- Water heater, washing machine or dishwasher leaks
Roof damage is also a common issue in Florida. When the public adjusters at The People’s Choice Public Adjuster come and inspect a property, we use infrared technology to determine the exact source of a leak in order to provide valuable claim evidence. Our property damage experts often find damage that the insurance companies will miss.
Mold Property Damage Claims
The occurrence of mold goes hand-in-hand with water damage. Due to Florida’s warm, humid climate, a property with water damage is the perfect breeding ground for mold. Mold damage can be caused by:
- A leaky pipe
- Water resulting from storm damage
- A water leak
The source of mold damage can determine whether or not your insurance company will pay for remediation or cover the damage at all. At The People’s Choice Public Adjuster, we work with professional remediation companies who take samples and perform mold testing along with mold remediation. Through these sophisticated tests, we are able to obtain extensive documentation in order to secure a fair settlement from your insurance company.
Sinkhole Property Damage Claims
Florida has more sinkholes than any other state in the US and there has been a rise in sinkhole property damage claims in recent years. Sinkholes occur naturally but they can be triggered by outside events like heavy rainfall, tropical storms, and human activity. Three counties, in particular, Hernando, Hillsborough, and Pasco counties are known as “sinkhole alley” because a majority of sinkhole damage claims from 2006-2010 came from that area.
Florida’s sinkhole problem is mostly due to the limestone base that is beneath the ground’s surface which is dissolving by naturally acidic groundwater and rainwater. Signs of a potential sinkhole problem include:
- Doors and windows not closing properly
- Cracks in pavement, floors ground surfaces, or walls
- Previously unexposed area of property’s foundation is now exposed
- Exposed tree roots, spongy or soft areas in the lawn, or depressions in the ground
Sinkholes can cause severe damage to a home or building’s foundation or even cause total destruction in the event that the underlying soil collapses. If you feel you might have a sinkhole underneath your property, then immediately call the public adjusters at The People’s Choice Public Adjuster. We will provide the appropriate services to examine and correct the issue.
Call Trusted Florida Public Adjusters Before The Insurance Company
Floridians experience an array of weather changes and natural phenomenons as a result of living near the coast. For this reason alone, it is crucial that all property owners find reputable and honest public adjusters in Florida like The People’s Choice Public Adjuster to handle all property damage claims. We are on your side and will work tirelessly to obtain the highest possible settlement for you and your family. If you are currently going through the insurance claims process and want more information on how you can get a fair settlement, give us a call today at 561-614-8478.
- Denied Claim? Here’s What You Need to Know
- The truth when filing a home owners insurance claim with insurance companies
- When To Hire A Miami Public Adjuster
- Should You Hire A Florida Public Adjuster Or An Attorney To Handle Your Claim
- Insurance Company Communication Time Frame For Property Damage Claims In Florida?
- Most Common Property Damage Claims In Florida
- What Is the Property Damage Claim Time Limit In Florida?
- Hurricane Michael Property Damage Claims Data
- Florida Claims Adjusters Hurricane Michael Insurance Claim Tips
- Hurricane Michael Additional Living Expenses Explained By Florida Adjusters
- What To Do After Hurricane Michael
- The People’s Choice Public Adjusters Hurricane Michael Storm Tips
- How To File A Water Damage Claim
- Mold Control Before And After A Hurricane
- Tips for Filing a Vehicle Vandalism Claim